An old saying goes expect the unexpected.
Whether you’ve gotten caught in an emergency or just need to maintenance your car, having these items on hand will save you time, money, and stress.
Tailor this list to your needs based on your regional weather, trip durations, and personal needs.
Tools To Have On Hand
Tool bags are a necessity to car owners, new and old alike. Here is what you can keep on hand to get your car up and running in an emergency:
- Heavy-duty jumper cables
- Pressure gauge. All four tires and the spare should be checked monthly for pressure levels and rubber damage.
- Flat tire repair kit if you don’t have a spare tire.
- Multipurpose tool
- Phillips and flat head screwdriver
- Cable ties
- Bungee cord
- Seatbelt cutter and window breaker to keep in the front seat.
- Car jack and lug wrench
- Flares and reflectors for being stranded at night. Road flares do not expire.
- Duct tape
Battery operated or a rechargeable flashlight. Rechargeable, 3-mode light function, and a hook for the hood of your car makes the Tactical Pick-Up Light a versatile solution for any emergency. The light also doubles as a charging bank to keep your devices' battery full.
First Aid And Health
- First aid kit
- Any temperature stable medications you may need.
- Disinfectant wipes
- If you have a pet, bring a food bowl for them to drink from.
- Non-perishable snacks. Replace every six months.
Other Handy Items
- Plastic grocery bags
- Rags or paper towels
- Phone chargerfor the car.
Emergency Preparedness in Winter Weather
If you live in a snowy region, you’ll want to be prepared for getting trapped in cold and icy weather. You’ll never know when you will encounter black ice, stand-still traffic, or an emergency road closure. Here are nine additional items you should have in your trunk during the winter:
- Wool socks
- Single-use or rechargeable hand warmers
- Ice Scraper or snow brush
- Traction aid such as sand, salt, or cat litter.
There are so many things that can go wrong on the road, but now you're ready for anything with this list. Looking to keep this organized in your trunk? A Trunk Organizer is a perfect addition for staying tidy and prepared.
The Trunk Organizer is a collapsible, non-slip base, and secure storage keeps your emergency items in reach and organized.
We at Urban Transit are thrilled to begin our very own journey as a new brand and share our new products with you.
We intentionally design and skillfully craft each product with the everyday family in mind.
WANT TO STICK AROUND?